Tuesday 27 March 2012

Gun Club Tuesday March 27, 2012

Great Gun Club today.  I felt ready, and I was.  I heard the thunder. 

Lots of guys out as well.  Must be the spring air.  Travis, Mike, and LDE showed up, and Matt made a pre-badminton appearance.  Always good to see the gun-rack full.  Mike was an animal.  It was a river of testosterone in there, awesome. 

Joel was back, and in fine form.  He held back a bit as he is transitioning out of bball coaching season into full guns mode.  Wise.  We are still gunning for double plates next Tuesday, both going for new max presses.  Adam was coaching badminton, so we'll miss him a bit over the next few weeks.  I think his body will do just fine.

I've been liking the 'more reps less weight' thing lately, but that is only after I pushed my max a bit in the previous few weeks.  I also have found that I do better when i eat about an hour or half an hour before gun club, like today I had a granola bar just before tutorial.  I find that it gives me energy down the stretch.

Like I said, great Gun Club today.  The new speakers that Adam brought are a nice touch as well, but I don't know if Louella likes it.  We'll watch that, good neighbours and gentlemen that we are. 

It was a good day; we showed up.


No comments:

Post a Comment