Tuesday 3 April 2012

RJC Gun Club Tuesday April 3, 2012

Epic Gun Club today.  Joel crushed the double plates (225lbs)!  If you were late, you missed it.  He showed up, warmed up, and pounded it.  I was high-fiving, The Adamal was impressed, and  Landon 'Obi-Wan' Falconer said, 'He lifted the X-wing, Luke couldn't do it, but Joel did'.  A compliment if I've ever heard one.  Tyler came about 3 seconds too late to witness it, and looked stunned.  Well done Joel, I haven't given up yet, and you have inspired us all.

Lots of traffic today.  Love the smell of spring sweat, gets the game on.  Arnason continues to shred.  I might take up smoking again if he doesn't slow down a bit.  Travis, Tyler, and LDE are regulars and always work it hard.  LDE is training for nationals, nice work.  Later, it was great to see Vichael out.  He has so much potential to be a massive artsy-skater-beast, a good look for Vichael.  Landon ran 50 laps, he wanted to give up at 42 and I showed him the inspirational poster I brought today which featured a crippled young boy with prosthetic legs running a race with the caption: 'Your excuse is invalid' (Pinterest isn't only for girls).  I pinned this to the doorpost at the bottom of the stairwell, and Landon pounded out 8 more laps, dedication.

One for the record books.  Good things are happening.  Double plates are possible if you show up.

Double Plate celebration dinner here I come! 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment